The Star Online
Malaysia's total trade expected to expand at faster rate
The Star Online
Export growth: Containers staked at a yard in Port Klang. Malaysia posted a trade surplus of RM94.29bil last year, a 14.3 rate of growth from 2014's RM82.48bil, marking the 18th consecutive year that it has been in this position. — Bloomberg.
Mustapa: Malaysia's trade likely to grow by 2pc in 2016
Mustapa: Malaysia's total trade expected to increase by two percent
Malaysia Trade To Grow By 2 Per Cent In 2016 Says Trade Minister
FEDERAL AGRICULTURAL MARKETING AUTHORITY
The Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (FAMA) issues Import Permit for Round Cabbages and Raw Coffee Beans under the Customs Act (Prohibition of Imports) 2008.
Meanwhile, the export permit for fruits is issued under FAMA (LICENSING OF EXPORTATION OF FRUITS) REGULATIONS 1990.
Permit Application Procedure
- For the importation of Round Cabbages and Raw Coffee Beans, the importer must obtain the Quota approval.
- For the exportation of fruits (star fruit and papaya), the exporter must obtain the Export License from FAMA (Licensing Branch). The application form can be downloaded at www.fama.gov.my.
- Applicant must register with Dagang Net for ePermit subscription.
- Applicant submits online application.
- FAMA Officer (Pem.EE) verifies the application.
- FAMA Officer (PPEE above) approves the application.
- Approved application will be sent to Customs Information System.
RM10 - Import Permit for Round Cabbages
RM30 - Import Permit for Coffee Beans
RM5 - Export Permit for Fruits
Tariff CodesImportant announcement.
Please refer to Royal Malaysian Customs implementation on PDK/AHTN 2012
Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority
Email ends with:@fama.gov.my
En. Ariffin Tukiran
En. Shanmugam Periasamy
En. Hasbullah Mohamad Hussin