- Speculation, rumours bad for trade, warn Indian palm oil importers Free Malaysia Today
- Malaysia offers to increase imports from India after Kashmir row Livemint
- Malaysia says eyeing more imports from India after threat of palm oil restrictions Reuters
- Malaysia looks to increase imports from India after threat of palm oil curbs, says ready for talks to... Firstpost
- View full coverage on Google News
MITI: OUTREACH PROGRAM AND TOOLKIT LAUNCH: SUPPORTING GOVERNMENT OUTREACH AND ENCOURAGING A CULTURE OF COMPLIANCE AMONG INDUSTRIES
Kindly be informed that the Strategic Trade Secretariat, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (STS, MITI) in collaboration with Saferworld, will be organising an Outreach Program and Toolkit Launch: Supporting Government Outreach and Encouraging a Culture of Compliance Among Industries as detailed below:
Date : 26 June 2019
Time : 8.30 a.m – 5.00 p.m
Venue : Seminar Room 1, Level 1, Menara MITI
No. 7, Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
50480 Kuala Lumpur
2. For information, Saferworld is a UK based independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict to support international dialogue and cooperation on technical and operational aspects of dual-use and arms trade controls, with support from the UK, Canada, Sweden and the US. Programmes conducted involved Asian, European and US experts from government, industry, international organisations as well as the academia.
3. The Strategic Trade Secretariat and Saferworld has been working together on an initiative titled “Tackling The Illicit Transfer and Diversion Of Proliferation-Sensitive Goods And Technologies: Supporting Government Outreach And Encouraging A Culture Of Compliance Among Industry”. The toolkit is a product stemmed from this initiative aims to:
i. promote capacity-building activities on government-industry outreach and on effective industry ICP;
ii. work with government and industry in China and ASEAN countries in order to promote ICP among SMEs; and
iii. deepen the level of East-West cooperation on strategic trade control and compliance issues among major producers of proliferation-sensitive goods and technologies with a focus on the discourse led by the international non-proliferation regimes.
4. Should you interested to participate, kindly register your attendance at this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdbe2ZAdfTEi7qFgFOJmmPHq90Tt_8GP2HBw1r1HONG_ZfQVg/viewform
5. Please note that registration will be closed by Friday, 21 June 2019. You may contact Ms. Nur Liyana Alwi (email: email@example.com) or Ms. Alice Simbun (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for further inquiries.
Strategic Trade Secretariat
Ministry of International Trade and Industry